Fans love to feel like they’re playing a part in the creative process or career planning of a band. Need feedback on possible album titles, track listings, venues to play, tour routing, logo designs, or dinner choices? Feel like getting silly and asking your fans who “the cute one” is in your band? Use Facebook’s “questions” feature and let your fans’ voices be heard.
At the same time as you’re enlisting feedback, you’re also promoting yourself. Any Facebook user who votes will have that interaction/activity displayed on their wall along with a link to your Facebook page.
Plus, if you really want to leave things open-ended, you can click a checkbox to allow fans to offer their own suggestions and add new options to the poll.
To ask your fans a question:
1) Go to the SHARE box where you would normally go to post something to your wall.
2) Click “Question”
3) Type your question elow where it says “Learn from your fans and others.”
4) If you want to poll your fans, do NOT click the “ask question” button quite yet.
5) First, click the “add poll options” link.
6) Add as many polling options as you want your fans to see.
7) Do you want fans to be able to add their own options? If so, leave the checkbox checked.
8) Click “Ask Question” to post this poll to your wall and watch the voting results pour in!
I just tried it on my band’s page, asking which titles people prefer for my upcoming album. Here is what the question page looks like once you’ve posted it:
-Chris R. at CD Baby