At the start of 2017, CD Baby Pro Publishing — our publishing administration service for songwriters — was only available in four countries. Over the last six months we’ve rapidly expanded to serve clients in over 40 countries and territories. (See the full list here.)
As of today, we’re happy to announce that CD Baby Pro Publishing is also available in Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji. This is particularly exciting news for us because Australia represents the 4th biggest national demographic of CD Baby artists, and it means independent songwriters in Australia now have a simple solution to collect all the publishing royalties they’re owed, including:
- All mechanical royalties from Spotify, Apple Music and other streaming sites. These are generated from every single stream.
- All international mechanical royalties from download stores like iTunes. These are generated from every single sale.
- All performance royalties from streaming services (like Spotify), radio, TV, live concert performances and much more.
- Global YouTube publishing administration for any video on YouTube that contains your music.
- Hundreds of other sources of songwriting and publishing royalties from around the world.
In other publishing news, CD Baby Pro Publishing can now work on behalf of Brazilian songwriters affiliated with ANY of the numerous Brazilian performing rights organizations. For details, read this overview.
Our global expansion means that CD Baby Publishing represents the single largest collection of songwriters in the world. We’re administering the publishing rights for hundreds of thousands of songs and representing more than 100,000 writers in more than 40 countries and territories, but we’re not stopping there. As the value of this already crucial service for songwriters increases with the rapid adoption of streaming, we hope to bring CD Baby Pro Publishing to even more countries in 2017 or early 2018.
Join CD Baby Pro Publishing today to collect all the royalties you’re owed worldwide.