Right now CD Baby’s Standard distribution is just $4.99 to release your album or single worldwide.
To celebrate, we came up with this list of…
… quick ways to promote your new music today:
- Make a lyric video.
- Create a playlist of artists who influenced the new album or single.
- Pin the release as your Artist’s Pick on Spotify.
- Do a live-stream where you tell stories about your new songs.
- Share every track through Instagram Stories, Reels, or TikTok.
- Ask fans to share your music or record a testimonial video.
- Write a press release and send it to your local papers, weeklies, and blogs.
- Submit for playlist consideration at Spotify for Artists.
- Upload lyrics to Musixmatch so you can create lyric snippets in IG Stories.
- Host a Twitter “listening party.”
- Pitch your best song to playlist curators.
- Create a Spotify Canvas.
- Create a banner ad to target new fans on sites like Pitchfork, Billboard, MTV, etc.
- Play your album from start to finish at your next show.
- Create a Show.co campaign to boost your social or Spotify following.
- Post a TikTok of you performing a stripped down version of your favorite cover song (just a verse and chorus is fine!)
- Shoot an official music video.
- Record an audio message for your listeners via Pandora AMP, Amazon Spotlight, etc.
- Use the top section of your YouTube channel to feature album content.
- Update your website and bio.
- Submit your music to your favorite music podcast.
- Build a smart-link to make it easier for fans to find your music.
- Repurpose your cover artwork for social banners, avatars, or even merch!
- Ask your followers to weigh in on social using polls, questions, etc.
- Run a remix contest (provide stems!)
- Release a karaoke version of the album for fans.
- Show us the tools you used to record the album in a “rig-rundown” video.
- Make sheet music or chord charts.
- Send a series of emails taking listeners behind-the-scenes.
That’s a hefty to-do list, but your music deserves the effort, right?
It does — especially after you work so hard to write, record, and release it.
If you HAVEN’T released your new music yet, now’s the time since the best music distribution for your album is only $4.99.