For veteran musicians, there are few mysteries about booking live shows. Whether it’s by email, telephone, in-person conversations, or through a manager or booking agent, we’ve got our processes down by now.
But for artists who are just beginning to perform live, it can be very helpful to hear stories from musicians that’ve been-there/done-that when it comes to booking gigs.
So we want to hear the story about your first concert booking
* How did you book your very first gig?
* What information did you convey?
* How long was your “pitch?”
* What do you think made the promoter/venue/talent-buyer say “yes” to your act?
* How did the show go?
* What have you learned about the booking process since?
Let us know in the comments section below.
[hana-code-insert name=’touring-book-your-own’ /]