One of the most valuable resources at CD Baby is our musician community.
There are so many talented artists doing innovative work without the benefit of a big label’s budget and connections.
These are independent artists who create great music, and then experiment with promo strategies and communication tools until they find an effective means to get that music in front of a loyal fanbase.
No two successful DIY artists are doing that in exactly the same way; they all have different expertise.
So we asked them: “For your particular area of strength in music, what are your top five tips?”
Let’s learn from these successful DIY musicians
You can watch them each deliver quick, actionable advice in the “Top 5 Artist Tips” playlist above.
Or visit one of the specific video links here:
- Livestreaming Tips with Emma McGann
- TikTok Tips with Sam Walwyn
- Vocal Mixing Tips with Mouse
- Songwriting Tips with Enda Gallery
- Singing Tips with kitti
- Musician Mental Health Tips with Natalie Holmes
- Piano Composition Tips with Matthew Paull
- Bedroom Production Tips with Local Boy
- Songwriting Tips with Malika
- Performance Tips with KEHLI
- Instagram Tips as a Musician with Olivia King
- Music Mixing Tips with Chris ‘Flash’ Edwards
- Self-Management Tip as a Musician with Alfie Neale
- Music Production Essentials Tips with Carlos Abril
- Live Performance Tips with August Charles
- Home Recording Tips with Two Ways Home
- Third Party Playlisting Tips with FNP
- Music Collaboration Tips with Lee Wilson
- Tips for Building an Artist YouTube Channel with GLASYS
- Tips for Artist Creative Identity with Lady Nade
- Tips for Live Performance with Willzee
- Tips for Artist Funding Applications with Amahla
We’ll be publishing two new videos in this series every week, so check back regularly for more!