Want to create a video in TikTok using your song’s hook?
It’s pretty simple. Here’s how:
- Get your music on TikTok — CD Baby delivers songs to TikTok (as well as Spotify, Instagram, Apple Music, Amazon Music, and 150+ other platforrms) as part of our standard digital distribution service.
- Open TikTok and click the + icon — This will open the camera function so you can record video in the TikTok app.
- Click “Sounds” at the top of the screen — Then search for the artist or song title you want to add to your video.
- Click “Trim” — Once you’ve selected the song, you’ll want to swipe to the correct 15 second snippet. To do that, hit the “Trim” icon, which looks like a musical note being cut by scissors.
- Swipe through the audio — Once you’ve got the timing right, it’s time to record!
- Shoot your video! — Go wild. Get funky. Dance like a maniac. And know that you can record video in segments, editing as you go. The audio for your song will stop and start again accordingly. And if you shoot video in fast or slow motion, the audio will slow down or speed up automatically; then when you’re finished shooting, the song will play at normal speed for the final video.
Want to know how to grow your audience on TikTok?
Check out our article “TikTok Promotion for Musicians.”