Looking for a little music marketing & promotion inspiration?
Check out this list of some of our favorite online resources for independent musicians:
1. Ari’s Take
DIY musician and actor Ari Herstand provides direct and relevant tips on how to build a career in today’s music industry.
- Website: http://aristake.com/
- Twitter: @ArisTake
2. The Future of What
A weekly podcast about the recording industry, produced and hosted by Portia Sabin of Kill Rock Stars.
- Website: http://killrockstars.com/thefutureofwhat/
- Twitter: @KRSfow
3. New Artist Model
Music educator Dave Kusek offers both paid courses and free webinars giving you access to experts in various aspects of the music industry.
- Website: http://newartistmodel.com/
- Twitter: @DaveKusek
A daily news source for happenings in the music business.
- Website: http://www.hypebot.com/
- Twitter handle: @hypebot
5. The DIY Musician Blog
Hey, that’s us! A blog for independent musicians, providing expert industry advice, news, & promo tips.
- Website: https://diymusician.cdbaby.com/
- Twitter handle: @cdbaby
6. The DIY Musician Podcast
Nearly 200 episodes of in-depth discussions with musicians and music industry entrepreneurs who’ve taken an unusual approach to building their careers.
- Website: http://cdbabypodcast.com/
- Twitter handle: @cdbaby
7. Steve Rennie
The former manager of Incubus and Senior VP at Epic Records now offers a series of music business courses and video tutorials.
- Website: https://renmanmb.com/
- Twitter: @renmanmb
8. Dave Ruch
Dave offers pro instruction for artists who want to make a living OUTSIDE the club circuit, focusing on daytime gig opportunities and carving out a niche that appeals to organizations with funding for educational entertainment.
- Website: http://daveruch.com/
- Twitter: @DaveRuchMusic
9. Ariel Publicity
Cyber PR is a digital public relations and social media strategy firm run by Ariel Hyatt, connecting musicians with new media & fans.
- Website: http://arielpublicity.com/
- Twitter handle: @cyberpr
10. Bob Baker
Bob Baker is an author & musician offering music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for indie artists via his website The Buzz Factor.
- Website: http://bob-baker.com/buzz/
- Twitter handle: @mrbuzzfactor
The latest on how to make and market your music, and what tools make you shine.
- Website: http://www.indie-music.com
- Twitter handle: @Indie_Musiccom
12. Michael Brandvold
Michael Brandvold is a music marketing consultant, speaker, and author that helps artists “find and keep fans.”
- Website: http://www.michaelbrandvold.com/
- Twitter handle: @michaelsb
13. Music Think Tank
Managed by the good folks at Hypebot, MTT features well-considered articles on industry trends and music promotion strategies.
- Website: http://www.musicthinktank.com/
- Twitter handle: @musicthinktank
14. Passive Promotion
Music promotion tips from mastering engineer and recording artist Brian Hazard.
- Website: http://passivepromotion.com/
- Twitter handle: @colortheory
Think we missed any? Who are your go-to resources when it comes to advancing your creative career? Let us know in the comments below.