We’re excited to announce CD Baby’s new partnership with Rdio, an ad-free music subscription service available in the US, Canada, Great Britain, Germany, Spain, Portugal, France, Denmark, Sweden, Finland (and the rest of Europe soon), Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand.
For $4.99 a month, Rdio users can stream unlimited tracks (including yours!) via a browser or desktop app. For $9.99, users are also given unlimited access to mobile streaming via smartphones, iPads, Sonos, and Roku, and caching songs for offline playback on their mobile devices.
What’s cool about Rdio?
* Rdio provides embeddable players for blogs/websites.
* Rdio is integrated with Facebook and Twitter to make social sharing and viral discovery super easy.
* Rdio has no ads! No pesky commercials will interrupt your playlist at twice the volume. (You know what I’m talking about).
* Rdio enables a seamless cross-platform experience, so you can listen on all your various devices.
* Rdio offers flexible family plan subscription tiers. Hey, you do it with your cell phones; why not music?
If you’re an existing CD Baby artist and would like to make your music available on Rdio, log into your CD Baby members account and set your digital distribution level to “Everything That Pays.” If you’re not yet a CD Baby artist, click the link below to get started.