Our friend Chris Seth Jackson wrote an article for Music Think Tank that talks about 10 things you do NOT want to do when you’re preparing for your CD release party. I’ve summarized his main points below, but be sure to check out the full article HERE.
DO NOT do these things in preparation for your CD release party:
1. Order too many CDs.
2. Print CDs yourself.
3. Book the CD release show before you have the CDs in-hand.
4. Wait until the last minute to order CDs.
5. Make your artwork super complicated.
6. Release your album without a digital strategy.
7. Release your album without a launch strategy.
8. Release your album without a post-release strategy.
9. Release your album without considering copyright and licensing.
10. Release your album without a contract amongst contributors concerning who gets paid what.
Did he forget anything? Got any warnings of your own to add? Let us know in the comments section below.
-Chris R. at CD Baby
P.S. When you’re ready to release your new album, let CD Baby help you with worldwide digital and physical distribution!