Control your artist branding with Apple Music for Artists
If you distribute music to streaming platforms through CD Baby, your music is already on Apple Music. As a CD Baby client you now also get faster verification for Apple Music for Artists, which means you can take control of your image on one of the most powerful streaming services in the world.
CD Baby is excited to announce that we’re working directly with Apple to bring you everything you need to understand your music’s impact across Apple Music and iTunes. We’re always making sure you’re the first to get access to new tools.
When you claim your profile you’ll be able to express your visual brand on the platform, view the real-time results of your music promotion, ensure that your music catalog is accurately represented, and even see how many people are Shazam-ing your music.
The fastest way to verify your Apple Music for Artists page as a CD Baby artist:
- Go HERE and log into your CD Baby dashboard
- Select the artist you want to verify on Apple Music
- Click “Get Started”
- Create an Apple Music for Artists account using your Apple ID
- Complete the signup process and accept the terms and conditions.
- Select the album you’d like to continue with
- Fill out your account information correctly. You’ll include a social profile for validation. Be sure to select CD Baby as your distributor.
- When you get to the authentication step, use your CD Baby credentials (the username and password for your CD Baby account) so Apple can quickly identify you as the legitimate owner of your music and profile on their platform
- Your request should be submitted!
- While your account is processing, you should see “Pending Access” below your account icon on Apple Music For Artists
Tons of stats and useful data for musicians
With your Apple Music for Artists profile, you’ll have access to information that can help you build your brand and reach more fans. Here’s just a taste of what you’ll see:
- Plays from on-demand streaming
- Average daily listeners
- Song purchases on iTunes
- Radio plays on Apple Music
- Shazams (yes, Shazams!)
- Insights and milestones for your music worldwide (for instance, “You passed 10,000 all-time plays in Canada”)
- Plays from playlists
- Most played songs
- Popular countries (with heat maps)
- Demographic and geographic information about your listeners (by song, album, playlist, etc.)
- And more
You can view the above stats according to customizable date ranges, or a lifetime view that goes back to 2015. Apple Music for Artists is also now available as a mobile app, so when you’re at the gig or studio you can get a quick look at how your songs are doing on one of the most important streaming platforms in the world.
Apple Music will continue to grow globally, and as it does, it will also expand the tools and insights it offers through Apple Music for Artists. If you haven’t yet claimed your Apple Music for Artists account, get verified today.