Our inaugural DIY Musician Conference last year in Chicago was a huge success, so we’re really excited to do it again (and even better this time)!
What is the DIY Musician Conference?
Simple: the only community-focused music conference designed specifically around the needs of independent musicians. It all takes place at Chicago’s historic Congress Plaza Hotel from September 30th to October 2nd, 2016.
Who should attend the DIY Musician Conference?
* Recording artists (of all genres)
* Touring musicians
* Songwriters and composers
* Producers and beat makers
* Band managers, publicists, and booking agents
What can I expect at the 2016 DIY Musician Conference?
Most importantly, a welcoming and respectful environment where everyone is there to learn from and help one another. No fronting. No condescending. No cliques.
Next — relevant education for DIY musicians! Over the course of three days you’ll take part in a number of exciting breakout sessions, workshops, panels, and keynotes. Plus, we’ll get to watch a live-band makeover led by Tom Jackson.
Access to the experts! Our speakers, panelists, industry reps, sponsors, and CD Baby team members are there for YOU, and we encourage them all to stay for the whole weekend and make themselves available to you for discussions and questions that may go beyond the scope of their individual workshops.
The chance to build your musical community. Last year, many friendships were formed, leading to gig swapping, musical collaborations, and much more.
The opportunity to showcase your talents. We have a showcase lined up for attendees, a jam room, and lots of open hallway space for some impromptu performances!
And lots more. It’s really what you make of it. Come to one of our live podcast recordings. Book a show in Chicago. Taste some great pizza.
We’ll announce the speakers and sessions as they’re finalized, but to give you an idea, here’s a list of topics we covered last year:
1. How to create unforgettable moments during your live show
2. Practical DIY touring tips that will earn you more money on the road
3. New ways to get more out of your mailing list
4. Making your music publishing rights work for you in the age of streaming
5. Hands-on advice for improving your website
6. Proven strategies for getting your music featured in the press
7. How to write better songs in any genre
8. How to prepare for your next album release
9. Smarter social media techniques to build your online fanbase
10. How to turn sync and micro-sync licensing into a bigger source of revenue
… and much more.
Early-bird pricing of just $69 (for the whole conference) is available until Friday, March 25th. And tickets are selling fast, so reserve your spot today!
And we’ve also got discounted hotel prices lined up for you at the Congress Plaza. So make your reservation today!