CD Baby’s first-ever DIY Musician Conference is really taking shape.
Unlike many music industry events, this one is centered entirely around YOUR needs as an independent musician, and it’s all happening this October 23-25 in Chicago…
What should I expect at the DIY Musician Conference?
We’ll meet up on Friday night, hang out a bit, and then head down to the open mic at Bottom Lounge where you’ll have a chance to play your best songs for a room full of supportive independent musicians across many genres. And then lets hang out some more on the Bottom Lounge’s epic rooftop deck, which has some of the best views of the Chicago skyline.
Then we have a weekend full of exciting breakout sessions, workshops, panels, and keynotes planned — all geared specifically to DIY artists who are working to move their careers to the next level.
On Saturday night, there will be some awesome showcases where you can hear great music, meet other DIY musicians, and talk with conference speakers.
Who should attend the DIY Musician Conference?
* Recording artists (of all genres)
* Touring musicians
* Songwriters and composers
* Producers and beat makers
* Band managers, publicists, and booking agents
We’re getting close to announcing the schedule and a list of speakers, but in the meantime we thought we’d give you a glimpse of what you’ll get if you attend.
10 things you’ll learn at the DIY Musician Conference:
1. How to create unforgettable moments during your live show
2. Practical DIY touring tips that will earn you more money on the road
3. New ways to get more out of your mailing list
4. Making your music publishing rights work for you in the age of streaming
5. Hands-on advice for improving your website
6. Proven strategies for getting your music featured in the press
7. How to write better songs in any genre
8. How to prepare for your next album release
9. Smarter social media techniques to build your online fanbase
10. How to turn sync and micro-sync licensing into a bigger source of revenue
… and much more.