Here are a few examples:
* Left the full band at home to hit the road as a solo/duo act?
* Slept in your van instead of a motel?
* Lived on a steady diet of trail mix and water?
* Crammed 7 people into one hotel room?
* Begged the audience for a last minute floor to crash on?
* Booked your act at less-prestigious venues in order to earn more money?
Have you had to make some serious compromises in order for touring to become economically viable? We’d love to hear your stories in the comments below.