I just read an article called “Branding Yourself as a Musician” that provides artists with a checklist of things we can do to define our brand and promote our music without feeling like door-to-door salesmen.
Check out the whole article HERE, but I’ll give you the highlights below:
- Have a great and memorable logo
- Make your website layout and design consistent with your band’s aesthetic (and without clutter)
- Say something with your fashion choices
- Take cool band photos
- Create amazing CD packaging
- Do a vinyl release
- Conduct free giveaways through your website, newsletter, and social media platforms
- Shoot a music video that is worth sharing
- Sell graphic T-shirts and merch
Did they leave anything off the list? Let us know in the comments section below.
-Chris R. at CD Baby