The folks at Presskit.to recently invited me to be a guest on their webinar about writing great band bios and taglines. It was called “The Art of Tasteful Boasting” and featured 3 panelists: Julia Rogers, Editor in Chief at Musiciancoaching.com; Jem Bahaijoub, Founder of imaginePR; and… me.
Some of the band-bio topics we discussed:
* How do you get started writing a band bio?
* How do you deal with writer’s block?
* How do you find your narrative voice? 1st Vs. 3rd person bios?
* What is the relevant information you should include in your band bio?
* What are brag-able accomplishments? What is too much?
* How long should your band bio be?
Recordings of the webinar are now available on YouTube (video embedded above) and SoundCloud. To listen on SoundCloud, or to view a quick summary of some of the takeaway points, check out Presskit.to’s website.