Integrating your Facebook Shop with CD Baby for order fulfillment
Have you used the SHOP feature on your Facebook page yet? It’s a pretty slick way to offer your merch for sale on Facebook (Facebook does NOT take a cut), and there’s an easy way to link it all up with CD Baby so you don’t have to worry about tracking your inventory or running to the post office every time you sell a CD.
Here’s how to power your Facebook Shop with CD Baby
- Log into Facebook and go to your music page
- Click “Shop” in the left-hand sidebar
- Agree to the Terms of Service (assuming you agree) and click “continue”
- IMPORTANT: click “Check out on another website” when selecting your Checkout Method
- Select the currency in which you’ll be listing your merch prices
- Click “Add Products” to add items to your Facebook shop
- Click to add a photo and upload the cover art for your album or single
- Then begin filling out your product information (album name, price, description, etc.)
- Locate the correct URL for the corresponding product on CD Baby and paste that into the “Checkout URL” field on the “Add product” popup
- Slide the “Feature this product” slider on the “Add product” popup if you’d like to prominently display this particular product
- Slide the “Share this product on your page” slider if you want to update your followers about this product’s availability
- Then click “save” to save that product in your Facebook shop
- Click “Describe…” and give your Shop a description
- Now when someone clicks to purchase your product from your Facebook shop, it’ll take them to CD Baby to checkout! (Here’s how the product will appear on Facebook):
Okay, that might seem like a lot of steps, but it’s really intuitive and doesn’t take long at all to set up a product in your Facebook shop. And when you power it with CD Baby, you don’t have to worry about breaking from tour or your recording session to visit the local UPS, USPS, or FEDEX anytime someone wants a CD or vinyl record.
Have you used a Facebook shop on your band page to sell merch? How’s it working for you? Let me know in the comments.