Your website can be your best tool, if you make it communicate with your fans and potential fans, TWO-WAY.
Your website should get people involved, make them want to introduce themselves, ask questions, shout out.
Your website should:
- Get their email address! Interact! Make an easy fill-out form. (hint: try a fun question like “who are you?” or “do you know your own name?”)
- Encourage them to buy your CD, constantly. It’s a great way to start a relationship.
- Show what’s unique about you. Image, quirks, colors, moods.
- Make the sound clips easy to get to, not buried under layers
- Answer the obvious questions: who are you, what do you look like, let me hear the music
- Acknowledge them! Have their pictures on your site. Answer their questions on your site. Show them they ARE a part of your life.
And make sure you have your own domain name.