I just read an article called “Branding Yourself as a Musician” that provides artists with a checklist of things we can do to define our brand and promote our music without feeling like door-to-door salesmen.
Check out the whole article HERE, but I’ll give you the highlights below:
1. Have a great and memorable logo
2. Make your website layout and design consistent with your band’s aesthetic (and without clutter)
3. Say something with your fashion choices
4. Take cool band photos
5. Create amazing CD packaging
6. Do a vinyl release
7. Conduct free giveaways through your website, newsletter, and social media platforms
9. Shoot a music video that is worth sharing
10. Sell graphic T-shirts and merch
Did they leave anything off the list? Let us know in the comments section below.
-Chris R. at CD Baby