We had an amazing group of speakers at our most recent DIY Musician Conference in Chicago (including NPR’s Bob Boilen, live music producer Tom Jackson, sync licensing legend Alexandra Patsavas, PledgeMusic founder Benji Rogers, and dozens more), all there to help and inspire independent artists to take their music and their music careers to the next level.
And speaking of taking things to the next level, we want to make 2017’s programming even better. The DIY Musician Conference will be happening August 25-27, 2017 at the Omni Nashville Hotel in Music City (Nashville)! If you think you can motivate and educate artists with no-nonsense, actionable advice in any of the areas listed below, we’d love to hear from you (details below).
But first, here’s a video showing some of the highlights from our 2016 conference, so you’ll have an idea of what the event is like (and how awesome it is):
We are looking for industry experts and fellow DIY artists who can speak confidently and knowledgeably about the following topics:
- Artist Management: What is a Manager, When Do I Need One, How Can I Work with One, etc.
- Authentic Artist Branding
- Becoming a Career Musician: Many Paths to Making the Leap
- Building a Great Home Studio: Great Gear and What to Avoid
- Elevating Your Songwriting Craft
- How to Make a Living Without Touring
- Making Visuals and Design Work for Your Music
- Music Marketing (How to Build a Funnel)
- Press or Publicity How To’s
- Production and Mixing
- Publishing 101
- Song Pitching Session: Publishers Critique
- Spotify Playlist Promotion
- Tactics in Hip Hop Musician Careers
- Touring: How to Book and Manage Your Own Tour Without Blowing your Brains Out
- Writing for Sync Placements: Artist Perspective
- YouTube 101
- Advanced YouTube Tips
If you have experience in and enthusiasm for any of these music-related subjects, please fill out our speaker proposal form HERE.
See you in Nashville!